When you’re on a budget improving your home can often fall to the bottom of the list.
Many people decide to wait and make their improvements in one expensive renovation bonanza. While it is great to create home goals, this doesn’t mean that you can’t make small changes while you save. These small improvements can make a world of difference and your house a little homier while you save!
If you are looking to improve the street appeal of your home, you don’t need to spend thousands on landscaping. If you have a spare weekend you can drastically improve your home’s appeal – making it even more pleasant to arrive home!
- Fix any broken fence palings, clean the fence or add a coat of paint if necessary
- Mow the lawn and trim any edges
- Weed, prune, and mulch gardens
- Get rid of leaves and rubbish
- Clean and paint entryways and verandahs if needed.
Throughout the home
- Spend time getting on top of any maintenance and simple repairs.
- Fix scuff marks and dirty prints on the walls, floor, and windows.
- Replace any old or broken fixtures. You don’t need to replace them with anything expensive, but even simple fixtures look better than broken ones.
- Similarly, replace and update any old tapware and handles in your kitchens, bathrooms, and laundry. Getting rid of blackened or eroded fixtures can make wetareas feel fresher.
- Repaint any old or discoloured cabinet doors. Light colour cabinet doors can make a room feel much larger and brighter.
- Rather than renovate the entire kitchen, you can replace laminate benchtops. For those who are particularly handy this is another job that could be completed in a weekend.
- Installing a new splashback has become so simple with the emergence if DIY kits.
- Regrout tiles in rooms where age is beginning to show.
- Refresh your old blinds or curtains – this will make such a difference you won’t remember why you didn’t do it sooner
- Revive your with simple products like Deck Clean for a dramatic difference.
All of these simple tasks can make your home feel fresh and bright while you wait for the home of your dreams. ACM Constructiosn specialise in dream home renovations and extensions. In between these simple DIY projects, give us a call to find out more about taking the first step towards a renovation – it may be simpler than you think!